Frequently Asked Questions

Check out our most frequently asked questions for more information.

How can I make a gift?

You can give at Give To UCLA, or through the Give Now buttons on this site. For general inquiries, please contact Donor Relations at 310-794-2447 or

I’m not an alumnus; am I still able to make a gift to UCLA?

Anyone can give to UCLA. UCLA is grateful for your support. Every donation, no matter the size, helps ensure UCLA’s excellence now and in the future. You are encouraged to explore the Give To UCLA site and find a school, priority, or cause that matters to you.

I represent a foundation or corporation. Whom should I contact about making a gift?

UCLA increasingly relies on private support to remain competitive with top public and private research universities. Funding from corporations and foundations helps maintain the university’s excellence and directly benefits its exceptional students, faculty, and programs.

UCLA Corporate, Foundation and Research Relations (CFRR) can help identify partnership opportunities on campus and facilitate introductions with key faculty and campus leaders. CFRR staff can assist with coordination of all corporate and foundation gifts and grants to UCLA. Please contact CFRR at or call 310-794-2315.

Please visit Give To UCLA to find information about why UCLA needs your support.

I want to include UCLA in my will. How can I do that?

When writing a will or living trust, donors can specify that they would like their estate to benefit UCLA. Donors may leave a bequest to UCLA or plan their giving strategy as part of their estate. Donors who wish to have their gifts managed by The UCLA Foundation must specifically state in their wills or living trusts that their gifts be made to The UCLA Foundation.

For information about how to include UCLA in your estate plans, please contact Gift Planning at or 800-737-8252.

Can I give to UCLA from abroad?

Yes, UCLA welcomes gifts from international alumni and friends. Methods and tax benefits of giving to UCLA vary from country to country. See Giving from Abroad for specific information for donors from Canada, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, and Europe. Depending on your country of residence and your tax status, you might be able to give directly to UCLA or you might need to give through an intermediary or via the Regents of the University of California.

What is UCLA’s Tax ID number?

Donors may claim tax deductions for gifts and donations made to the university.

UCLA’s federal taxpayer ID number for gifts to The UCLA Foundation is 95-2250801; the number for gifts to the UC Regents is 95-6006143W. Please visit The UCLA Foundation disclosures site for additional information.

If you have questions, please consult Donor Relations. You may direct questions via email to or call 310-794-2447.

How do I update my personal information with UCLA?

To alert us to changes in address, marital status, etc., please choose from the following:

As an alumnus* of UCLA and donor, you may update your records online. You may also submit updates to UCLA Alumni by emailing or calling 800-825-2586.

As a friend of UCLA and donor*, you may update your records online. You may also send an email to Donor Relations at, or contact us by phone at 310-794-2447.

*If you are not an alumnus or current donor, please create an account by giving online. In the future you will then be able to update your contact information as a friend of and donor to UCLA.